Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Dare You!

Hi My name is Steph, a few years ago I had an encounter with God, so much so that my life has never been the same since!  Coming from a background of never feeling accepted and lots of rejection, I carried this through my teen years and young adulthood along with all the pain which sat me up for some pretty tough times.  God has showed me how to make since out of my life and life's challenges, through spending time with Him.  How do I spend time with God?  Glad you asked, well how do you get to know a new friend?  You spend time with them.  I built this sight as another platform for us to use to build, strengthen and encourage one another!  We believe God is using this ministry team to take you to heights you've never been before.  Lately the Lord has been showing us how to love the unlovely, lost or lonely.  This can make for a difficult quest at times.  So we need to fully rely on God, and one another as we learn how to build our foundation together in Christ first, and then right relationships with others.  Let's enjoy this journey as God is reshaping us, building our new identity in Him.  The bible says, "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2Cor. 5:17 So I challenge you these questions ~ What or whom do you honor the most?   What or who do you give allegiance to?  What or where is your value?  These are some of the questions we are answering together through applying biblical principles to your lives as teenagers going through adolescence making the transition into young adulthood.   Did you know that what you honor the most, what you give allegiance to, where you get your value from, what you believe in, shapes your destiny and direction and you will become whatever you represent.   My heart burns for your generation because I believe God has placed this desire in me, He has called me there.   So c'mon take a chance with us, what have you got to lose?  Let's really get to know who God is and breakdown all those distorted views and images that were built in us through our old life before Jesus pulled us out of the pit!  I dare you!  I challenge you to watch as He rebuilds your identity and gives you the future that He promised us in Jer. 29:11.   See you in the next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment